Escape of the Week: The beauty of Utah’s Red Mountain Resort

Written by on March 7, 2012 in Destinations - 15 Comments

Las Vegas may be where everyone else goes to have a vacation, but, as a resident, every now and then it is important to get out of town. Turn off the cell phone. Keep the laptop closed and just disconnect.

A few weeks ago, thanks to Red Mountain Resort, that is exactly what I did.

Located a quick two-hour drive up the I-15, and just past St. George in gorgeous Utah, Red Mountain Resort was my escape. A place where, for two days, I had my phone absolutely turned off. I didn’t even unpack my laptop. And, I got in touch with me.

What happened during my time there? What did I think of the resort? Well, we’ll get to that. But, I will say this, the time I spent at Red Mountain Resort was exactly what I needed. After I returned, I quit my job!

I love the beauty of the American Southwest. The desert, the mountains, the bright blue sky that helps make the magnificent colors even more dramatic … it regularly takes my breath away.

At Red Mountain Resort, the colors … the sheer gorgeous … is no exception.

Aside from my room, which was a whopping 1,100 square-feet of villa luxury, complete with floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding glass doors opening onto a patio, there are plenty of places to get in touch with nature.

My favorite spot to wander quickly became Inspiration Trail, an easy gravel path winding through soft hills filled with pale yellow desert brush, jet black ancient volcanic rocks and a backdrop of red mountains.

There is even a labyrinth to walk through, giving a person time to mediate on their life and what they would like to leave behind.

The resort has taken the right steps to keep the focus on the outdoors, blending in the buildings with nature. The colors of each structure echo that of the surrounding mountains, helping to keep the focus on the surroundings, rather than the property.

What did I think about my time at Red Mountain Resort? The review, along with a re-cap of my experience, is coming up soon.

Editor’s Note: I was a guest of the resort, however all opinions are my own. If you have questions regarding this, please read my disclosure policy.

15 Comments on " Escape of the Week: The beauty of Utah’s Red Mountain Resort "

1. D.J. - The World of Deej March 7, 2012 at 9:49 pm · Reply

Great looking resort…this hotel junkie is impressed!

• Diana March 8, 2012 at 1:50 pm · Reply

Oh, just wait until you read the review and learn about all of the cool stuff that is there!

2. Reg of The Spain Scoop March 8, 2012 at 5:12 am · Reply

Ohhh, looks nice. Especially those round huts!

• Diana March 8, 2012 at 1:49 pm · Reply

Red Mountain Resort is absolutely gorgeous. If it didn’t take a tank of gas to go up and back, you can bet I would be there, just sitting and staring at the scenery, every weekend.

3. Stephanie - The Travel Chica March 11, 2012 at 9:40 am · Reply

Such a beautiful place! Love the name “Inspiration Trail.”

4. Ali March 12, 2012 at 4:51 am · Reply

The little bit of Utah I’ve seen is just gorgeous! My best friend lives in Vegas, and she got married near St. George, UT in January, and I just loved the scenery. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing visit!

• Diana March 12, 2012 at 10:22 pm · Reply

The entire southwest is so beautiful. I’m not the biggest fan of living in Las Vegas as a town, but the beauty around me … man … it will be hard to finally say “goodbye” again! Next time you are here, if I am here, we have to meet up!

5. Cam @ Traveling Canucks March 15, 2012 at 9:33 pm · Reply

Looks fantabulous! I have yet to visit Utah but it’s on the short list – hopefully a road trip through Arizona and Colorado too

• Diana March 16, 2012 at 3:22 pm · Reply

Oh, Utah is one of the most beautiful states I have ever been through. Another is California. And another is Arizona. Upstate NY is gorgeous, too. But, I’m a sucker for the west.

6. Christy @ Technosyncratic March 17, 2012 at 10:21 pm · Reply

This makes me miss Utah! Love the way the buildings blend in, and the neat rock formations.

• Diana March 18, 2012 at 6:26 pm · Reply

Utah is such a beautiful state. I absolutely love the colors and the nature.

7. Sherry Ott March 18, 2012 at 2:18 pm · Reply

I was at Red Mountain resort a few years ago while I traveled around the national parks – it was bliss!

• Diana March 18, 2012 at 6:25 pm · Reply

It really is an amazing and bliss-inspiring place! It was such a needed break for me.

8. Mary @ Green Global Travel May 8, 2012 at 12:13 pm · Reply

Beautiful photos. I love the red cliffs against the blue sky. I’m also a big fan of labyrinths!

• Diana May 11, 2012 at 5:06 pm · Reply

Red Mountain has a special spot in my heart now. It was so beautiful, and so serene. I felt so at peace there. :)