Daily Wanderlust: nighttime in Madrid

Written by on April 16, 2012 in Destinations - 22 Comments

I love Spain, particularly Madrid. It will be my home one day. I’m a broken record in regards to these two statements.

This is the photo I took the moment I fell head-over-heels in love.

22 Comments on " Daily Wanderlust: nighttime in Madrid "

1. Megan April 16, 2012 at 1:29 pm · Reply

I like this square. There’s a good wine bar on one corner and I drank a bottle of wine in the bathroom of a place with 500 sandwiches there. There was a funny british guy that ordered his sandwich under the name Wanker and the spanish guy kept calling his name to pick up his food. LOL!

• Diana April 18, 2012 at 5:40 pm · Reply

Ha ha! You drank a bottle of wine in the bathroom? Why on earth??? I had some of the best patatas bravas ever there!! Mmmmmm.

2. Laura @Travelocafe April 16, 2012 at 1:47 pm · Reply

Madrid is 1.5h in train from Valencia. We love to visit Madrid. Its a city that feels so very much alive.

• Diana April 18, 2012 at 5:39 pm · Reply

Madrid is SO alive!!

3. Emily in Chile April 16, 2012 at 3:30 pm · Reply

Great shot, D!

• Diana April 18, 2012 at 5:38 pm · Reply

Thank you, Emily!

4. D.J. - The World of Deej April 16, 2012 at 4:33 pm · Reply

Gorgeous…love the lighting at the top of the building..

• Diana April 18, 2012 at 5:38 pm · Reply

Thank you!

5. Bobbi Lee Hitchon April 16, 2012 at 9:26 pm · Reply

I can see why you fell in love! I’ve never been to Madrid, only Barcelona, but I would love to go back and tour the whole country! Maybe by that time you’ll be living there and we can live the high life: sangria and siesta!!!

• Diana April 18, 2012 at 5:36 pm · Reply

You mean I get to hang with you in Thailand and again in Spain? Sweet! Only, it’s sangria, tapas and siesta!

6. Reg of The Spain Scoop April 17, 2012 at 1:56 am · Reply

Where will you make your home in Spain? Madrid?

• Diana April 18, 2012 at 5:35 pm · Reply

Eventually, I want to settle down in Madrid. :)

7. Andi of My Beautiful Adventures April 17, 2012 at 5:44 pm · Reply

Love that you captured the moment when you fell in love!

• Diana April 18, 2012 at 5:34 pm · Reply

Looking at this photo reminds me of it all of the time. Makes me smile!!

8. Sara April 18, 2012 at 4:18 am · Reply

Amazing shot! Thanks for sharing!

• Diana April 18, 2012 at 5:31 pm · Reply

Thank you! It makes me smile every time I look at it!

9. Margyle April 19, 2012 at 10:26 am · Reply

It’s amazing… I never really intended to go to Spain but I’m so glad I did. Next time though, I’ll travel a little more extensively – like to Madrid! Great picture!

• Diana April 21, 2012 at 7:30 pm · Reply

I was exactly the same. I had no real desire to go, but the minute I got there, LOVE. Definitely explore Madrid!

10. Brainy Pint Sizer April 21, 2012 at 11:31 pm · Reply

You and I say the same thing: I love Spain and it will be my home (well, I’ll have several homes by then) one day. I can easily see myself in Madrid, Barcelona or on the Costa del Sol. Hopefully, the economies of the world would have improved. Also in my head is Buenos Aires. Mind you, I haven’t visited Buenos Aires, but that’s a minor detail. I’ll correct that one day soon.

11. Miruna June 11, 2012 at 4:02 am · Reply

Great! I didn’t have that chance, although I felt in love with Spain 8 years ago, on my first journey to Barcelona. However, I also visited Madrid then and it was wonderful. Few years later I spent some time in Andalucia and I felt in love again. The truth is Spain is beautiful, including the north, the islands, the little villages, the food, the siestas, tapas, the people and their way of living. Love it!

• Diana June 12, 2012 at 11:22 am · Reply